Job title: on-hold and IVR for a logistics company
Job code: 264
Gender: male or female
Accent: Any soft
- This script is the IVR (interactive voice response) and on-hold for a pan-European logistics company
- A pan-European flavour is what's needed! This doesn't necessarily mean European, it means an open style with an unplaceable accent, which does, of course, leave room for an accent, although strong regional accents might not be successful
- The on-hold recording will be played with additional audio in the background, which will convey the fast-moving nature of the logistics business
- The client wishes to hear both male and female voices
- The audition script is below. Please read the entire script
My Logistics Company provides pan-European logistics solutions across 8 different countries of the EU. The key to our success, with new routes and new partners on-line monthly, is local knowledge. Guaranteeing our tight timeframes means we need to know every inch of every road we travel. And we do.
As well as local knowledge we also have local presence. We have extensive warehousing capability in all of the European countries we service and our sophisticated space control system means we maximise our warehouse capacity at over 85%. That might not mean anything to you, until you see how low it brings our prices.
Job title: corporate video
Job code: 260
- This is a corporate video for a food company. It's a voiceover for 10 minutes of footage of the food production plant and facilities
- The read is straight-forward corporate style - nothing flashy - serious, calm and authoritative
- The client will accept either a male or female voice
- Any soft accent is acceptable
- The audition script is below. The final script is about 10 minutes long
My Company is a local firm with a national reach. We specialize in high quality Lincolnshire-bred pork, grown on a series of small-holdings which have been owned and operated by the same families for the last 30 years. We live by our standards - the highest quality products, the most modern, compassionate means of production, and a commitment to quality that is second to none.
Job title: internet radio spot
Job code: 258
- There isn't a great deal of information about this piece, although it pretty much speaks for itself
- It's a recording for an internet radio station, describing a fictitious tortoise race.
- The style should be classic, excitable race commentator
- Male or female voice, any accent
So here we are, at the start of the 33rd annual Vivarium Stakes. With all the scandals of the best year, all dedicated race fans will be glad to hear that every competitor in this year's race has been microchipped (at no small expense), dope-tested, breath-tested and wiped clean of any illegal substances. All bets are on and the wind is set fair.
Job title: website dedicated to cats
Job code: 356
Gender: female or male
Accent: any soft
- This script represents the initial stage of an audio project for a website dedicated to cats
- The site celebrates all things catty - including owners!
- The website is fun, accessible, has a sense of humour and expresses a deep love of cats
- The client is looking for a fun, enthusiastic, friendly, and jovial read. You have to be warm and welcoming - and maybe a bit zany!
- There will also be additional work for the successful candidate as the website is constantly growing
- Both male and female voices please, through the relevant codes
- The audition script is below. This is not the final script.
Cat health is a many varied thing. They're as complicated as humans when it comes to the range of illnesses they can get. And they're as sensitive as humans in the extent to which good health shines through both in their look and behaviour. We always stick by this rule: when it comes to health, treat your cat like you would your child and everything will be fine!
This is just the start of a much longer discussion about cat health but we'd like to start off with a very important note about an extremely serious and growing problem - lilies. Lilies are beautiful and so much more widely-available and cheaper than they've ever been as cut flowers. But they are desperately poisonous to cats. Vomiting, blindness, renal failure, coma and death are all common effects of cats coming into contact with lilies. You may love lilies and think they make an amazing centrepiece on your dining room table. But, if you love your cat, give them a miss.
Job title: on-hold and IVR for a dentist
Job code: 360
Accent: any soft
- This script is the on-hold audio and the IVR phone menu choices for a dental surgery
- The surgery is part of a small chain across a couple of English regions
- The surgery is very modern and offers a wide range of cosmetic treatments as well as standard check ups and dental work. They have NHS and private clients we well
- The client wants a professional read with a touch of class to mirror the look and feel of the surgery. The script below represents a salesy part of the recording, which should be reflected in the read
- The audition script is below. This is pretty much the content that will be recorded for this section, although the full script is much more extensive and also covers the menu options
Coffee-drinker? Or maybe red wine? Do you smoke? Or maybe you simply don't spend enough time brushing your teeth. Whatever the cause, wouldn't you like whiter, brighter teeth? Our non-invasive, state-of-the-art laser technology will give you stunning white teeth in less than an hour. It's a one-off procedure and the effects last for years if you maintain a standard dental health regime. Whiter teeth have been proven to improve social confidence as well as the obvious effects on your appearance. Isn't it time you treated yourself to a true celebrity smile?
Job title: corporate gift audio 2
Job code: 403
Gender: male or female
- This script is a recording on an audio disc to be included with a corporate gift
- The recording will be burnt onto a small disc which plays the recording when pressed
- The point of the recording is to emphasise the gift - which in this instance is a picnic rucksack
- The read should be relaxed and calm, conveying the peace of a lazy afternoon in the sun, by a river, eating and drinking
- Both male and female voices are welcome but please use the correct code
- The audition script is not the final script
Fresh French bread, cheese, pate, poached salmon, fresh rocket, chilled white wine. Picnics in the English summer sun are to be savoured. We've made picnicking easier with this beautiful, hand-finished picnic rucksack. There's settings for 4 inside - and room for a brace of wine bottles. So, enjoy. Another exceptional partner gift from My Company.
Job title: TV ad for a body product brand
Job code: 354
- This script is for a TV advert promoting a range of products sold by a body product brand
- The concept comes from the TV show 'how to look good naked'
- The ad is aimed at women and new age men so the client wants to hear female voices and male voices that aren't overly masculine
- The client wants the script read in a warm and sexy tone
A lesson in how to look good naked, brought to you by MyCompany:
Step 1: Jump into a warm shower and lather up with a scrumptiously fruity MyCompany cleansing wash.
Step 2: Remove dead skin cells by applying a warming MyCompany exfoliant using circular motions. Rinse well and dry yourself with a toasty warm towel.
Step 3: Rehydrate by gently massaging a small amount of MyCompany's rejuvenating body cream into the skin.
Step 4: Apply a generous amount of MyCompany's dazzling body shimmer dust to hide skin inconsistencies and accentuate those sexy bumps.
Step 5: Celebrate your new found confidence in style!
Register on UK Voices today to access all our voiceover job listings, set up your own voice profile page, get hints and tips and more.